Q: What does the Side Air Bag Off light mean on the dash?

What does the Side Air Bag Off light mean on the dash?

Your car is equipped with a passenger side air bag to protect against possible injury during an accident. However, if you notice the Side Air Bag Off light on in the dash, it might mean there’s something wrong with the system. It could also mean something else. Here’s what you need to know:

1. The light will come on when you start the car. It should go out shortly after.

2. If the light comes on at any other point, it means that the passenger side air bag has been turned off. This could be because:

• If there’s no one in the seat and the light turns on, the system is malfunctioning and needs to be inspected.

• If someone is in the seat, it means they are not sitting correctly and the air bag has been turned off to prevent potentially harming them during deployment.