Q: Intermittent starting issues (takes a couple of cranks to start) & throttle surge

The intermittent starting problems are really random and already replaced the MAF, cleaned the throttle body, fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter, and fuel pump. The throttle surge also happens and I also put in a motor cleaner (Seafoam) into the fuel and crankcase. It seemed to help with how the truck idled but can't figure out why it's hard to start.

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided of your vehicle's starting trouble and throttle surge, it looks like you have already tried replacing many parts on the car.Replacing parts without a diagnosis can be expensive and time consuming without a resolution.

It could be the intermittent no start and surge could be caused by a faulty fuel pump relay. It could also be an intermittent crankshaft position sensor, throttle position sensor, camshaft position sensor, powertrain control module, etc.

Assuming, the service engine soon/Check Engine Light is not coming on, this leads me to believe the computer is not recognizing the fault. Monitoring the computer parameters may help with diagnosis. Considering all the possibilities, I recommend having your vehicle's intermittent starting issues diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, so that this can be repaired properly.