Q: Rattling noise on the front, right side.

One cold, rainy day I got in the car to drive and noticed that there was a rattling noise coming from the front right side. I thought it must have had something to do with the rain, because it was fine the last time I drove it. Now, it has been a week since the rain and it is still rattling--to the point that I am afraid that the something is going to fall off in the middle of the highway. We have driven it on the highway since then and my husband has looked under the hood and everything appears intact. The rattling seems worse on slow streets and especially over speed bumps--it is the quietest at a high consistant speed on a smooth road. Any idea what this could be?

There are a few things that may cause this type of noise. A loose panel like a splash guard or exhaust heat shield may rattle as the vehicle moves. The sway bar end links are another common spot for rattles. The vehicle will need a more up close an personal inspection to determine he actual cause. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer inspection of the noise to offer a more personal diagnosis.

3. Rattling noise on the front, right side.