Q: My alternator is overcharging to about 14.8-15 volts. Can that cause other warning lights to come on?

My alternator is overcharging to about 14.8-15 volts can that cause other lights to come on,like the ABS sensor ,parking brake light ,and it took away my traction control of.pls help

A: Hi. Yes, in a lot of cars when the battery ...

Hi. Yes, in a lot of cars when the battery is low or the charging system is malfunctioning, the ABS Light, Brake Light and the Traction Control Light will come on. This happens because these systems must have the correct battery voltage for them to operate properly. These lights coming on is just another indicator that the battery or charging system needs to be checked and fixed so the car will operate properly.

I suggest you have a certified technician, such as from YourMechanic, come to your location to replace your alternator and check your car for any other issues.