Q: Found oil leak when changing spark plugs

I have owned my car for about four years now. When I went to do the routine maintenace yesterday - replacing the spark plugs, I found that all four spark plug sockets have oil leaks when I took out the boots. The plugs looked like they were in decent condition, and there was no gunk. The oil level seems fine. I'm wondering if this might be caused by a bad head gasket or valve cover. Would one of those cause this problem, and how much might it cost me to get it fixed?

Hi there. This is very common on your vehicle. This is caused by the valve cover gasket tube seals. These fail all of the time because they become brittle as the engine gets older. Once that occurs, they start to leak and allow oil to enter the tubes. I typically replace the gaskets and the coil boots along with the spark plugs so that I do not have to go into the same repair a second time. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your oil leak. From there, they will be able to make the necessary repairs to have this issue resolved.

3. Found oil leak when changing spark plugs