Q: Car vibrates in drive

While at a stoplight, my car trembles and vibrates in drive. I was told I needed motor mounts and a transmission mount from a mechanic.

A: Hello. Worn out transmission and motor moun...

Hello. Worn out transmission and motor mounts will cause this as they will be allowed to move while the engine is running. That movement causes the vibration. If they are definitely worn then they should be replaced. The most common cause of idle vibration that I have seen on this vehicle is a dirty throttle body. I typically clean this first as it is much less expensive to do. If that does not help, or if the motor mounts are definitely bad, then those will need to be replaced to fix it. If you planned on having this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to replace your transmission mounts if needed.