Q: P0405 EGR Sensor A Circuit Low

Been getting the afore mentioned code for a while now, I have noticed a slight chugging when idling especially when the engine is cold.

I am going to remove the egr and give it a clean to see if it helps, is there anything else I could clean regarding the fuel system when I'm at it.

When the engine management light comes on it very random sometimes it will go more that 300 miles before coming back on once reset.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Hello and thank you for your question. With having 200,000 miles on the engine, I recommend replacing the EGR and not just cleaning it. The plunger is probably has too much carbon build up making the EGR stick open when the engine is running at idle and low RPM’s. This should clear the code P0405 meaning that the circuit has not resistance for the plunger is always open. If you need assistance in diagnosing your chugging symptoms, then seek out a professional, preferably a professional from YourMechanic to assist you on your vehicle.