Q: Difficulty accelerating during cold start

Hello. The issues I've been having lately with my car happen during cold start. I can hear the engine revving up while engaging the throttle, but there seems to be a delay in transferring the power to the wheels. There is very little increase in speed. I made sure that the gear is shifted when the levers are pushed. However, it takes time to gather the speed. This issue seems to disappear when the engine is warmed up and it appears yet again when the engine is cooled down. Also, my check engine light is illuminated. What could be the issue and what do you suggest I check first? Thank you,

Hey there. The most common causes of the decreased throttle response is due to a torque converter fault or a failing fuel pump. The first thing a technician would do is to check the code to get a better idea of which system is causing the code. If you would like to have this done, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your accelerating issue and perform any repairs required.

3. Difficulty accelerating during cold start