Q: 2012 Toyota Corolla LE, 8K miles. ALB lights are on

I bought the car used, April 2015, with 4000 miles on it, in Saco, Maine. Seemed like a cream puff to me. Got car inspected April 2016. Three weeks after inspection, ALB lights came on the dashboard. Have taken it back to the dealership as well as for a 2nd opinion; both say its the BRAKE ACTUATOR costing 4 to 5 thousand dollars! The brakes are working fine. Do I have to buy an actuator or trade in for another car?

Hello. From what you describe, I believe you are referring to the ABS light, and the ABS brake actuator. The brake actuator is the component that will pump your brakes when the ABS system detects wheel slippage. Keep in mind that the vehicle’s brakes will still operate fine, however, the vehicle will not have ABS functionality. If the vehicle only has 8k miles, then it is very possible that the component should still be under factory warranty. I would recommend checking with your dealer to see if that is the case.