Q: "Service Engine Soon" light came on today. Do you know what this means? and how soon should I get it checked? 2004 Nissan Sentra

hello "Service Engine Soon" light came on today my car is a 2004 Nissan Sentra what could this mean and how soon should I get it checked? Thank you

Hi there - usually, the SES light indicates a long-term maintenance item requires attention (i.e. fuel filter, oxygen sensors, catalytic converter, etc.). Check for problem codes, whether the Check Engine light is on or not before making repairs. I recommend a Check Engine service by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. "Service Engine Soon" light came on today. Do you know what this means? and how soon should I get it checked? 2004 Nissan Sentra