Q: "Service Engine Soon" light came on today. Do you know what this means? and how soon should I get it checked? 2004 Nissan Sentra

asked by on December 14, 2016

hello "Service Engine Soon" light came on today my car is a 2004 Nissan Sentra what could this mean and how soon should I get it checked? Thank you

Hi there - usually, the SES light indicates a long-term maintenance item requires attention (i.e. fuel filter, oxygen sensors, catalytic converter, etc.). Check for problem codes, whether the Check Engine light is on or not before making repairs. I recommend a Check Engine service by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.