Q: i only drive my car 1 mile each way to work five days a week will this cause a problem

as above , i dont have any current problems with the car , except everyone telling me i will have to change oil more often and may have problem with exhaust as car isnt warming up . i have considered leaving the car running for about 5-10 mins when i have got to work before turning ignition off to help engine warm up before turning it off ? i do take it for at least 10 mile once a week to help compensate. will my car be ok

ford fiesta 1.25 petrol 60 plate

Hi there:

Typically, only driving your car for a few miles per day won’t hurt the vehicle. However, it’s important to make sure to properly warm up the vehicle for a minute or two before heading out. Changing your oil as recommended by the manufacturer is also critical. Make sure to change oil every 3000 to 5000 miles and also keep up with other routine maintenance as required by Ford.

3. i only drive my car 1 mile each way to work five days a week will this cause a problem