Q: I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer automatic. When I turn the key over it starts grinding horribly as soon as it cranks over. Ive replaced

asked by on March 22, 2018

I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer automatic. When I turn the key over it starts grinding horribly as soon as it cranks over. Ive replaced the starter 4 times... What’s wrong with it?

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If the starter motor does not release once the engine is running, the cause could be starter misalignment or failure of the circuit to open, and release the starter solenoid, the instant you release the ignition key. If the noise only occurs during starting though and the noise does NOT continue after release of the ignition key, the starter motor is either misaligned or there is damage to the flex plate ring gear. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a starter motor/electrical diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.