Q: wiggle steering wheel to start engine ?

asked by on February 19, 2017

What do you all think of this scenario, put key in ignition sometimes it turns sometimes it does not, then when I go to start it clicks like the battery is dead, BUT if i wiggle the steering wheel back and forth quite a bit it starts right up. ignition switch? starter contacts? How does this get fixed cheaply ?

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. It is quite possible that the issue you’re experiencing is due to an exposed electrical wire that is creating a short inside the steering column, within the ignition switch or possibly the ignition relay. Diagnosing this issue is typically not easy or cheap; so you might want to start by having a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection first. This will allow them to pinpoint the source of this problem and recommend the right repairs be completed.