Q: My 94 jaguar idles rough, stutters then cuts out. This happens when engine is cold or warm.

asked by on March 15, 2017

car idles rough when cold or warm, then cuts out, loses power, can not accelarate

Check for a vacuum leak on the engine. A vacuum leak will cause the engine to rough rough and stall out when the engine is cold or hot. If there is no vacuum leak, then the Mass Air Flow Sensor could be dirty or damaged. The sensor would need to be cleaned or replaced. If you need further assistance with your engine stalling, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.