Q: Getting a check Engine light and codes

asked by on February 03, 2016

The Check Engine light is on with codes P0030 and P0031.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Both of those codes are for oxygen sensor issues. Oxygen sensors needs to heat up before it gives good readings. In pre 1996 cars, the sensor would get heated up by the cars exhaust. This took about 2 minutes. Oxygen sensors after 1996 got a heating element installed in them to get them to heat up immediately. The codes in your car have to do with the heater inside the sensor not operating properly. Replacing the sensors might be necessary, but a proper diagnosis of your car’s Check Engine Light should be performed. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, should be able to help you with this.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr