Q: Could the evap system cause the vehicle to run lean and have hard start up ? I have evap code and lean in both banks

asked by on December 07, 2017

I have a evap code and lean in both banks codes and also have all 4 o2 sensors codes I have already replaced the evap purge valve i bench tested it and it wouldn’t hold vaccum and installed the new one but car still has lean condition codes and it sounds like the purge valve opens as soon as you start up the car is this normal ? And how can I fix my lean condition?

When you are getting lean codes and codes to all the O2 sensors then this is caused by either a MAF sensor or the intake has vacuum leaks in the tube between MAF and throttle body or in PCV system. You should supply all the code numbers you get after first clearing them and then driving until the check engine light comes back on and scn for the codes that first make light come on and give us the codes so we can help you out better with an answer.