Q: Filling Windshield Water Tank 100%

How to Fill a Windshield Wiper Fluid Reservoir article

I am referring to the link above. I just received my car from Honda service centre, and the windshield water tank was not full. When I complained they said that it is their policy not to fill it over 75% because that would damage the engine. Is this true? Thanks, Salman Abdulla

Hello. Every dealer and manufacturer will have policies regarding certain things. Typically engine damage will not occur if it is completely filled. I do know that most manufacturers, such as Honda, do not recommend it because if it is filled to the top then normal expansion and movement from driving can cause the fluid to spill out and it is possible that it can end up damaging components. It is a rare case but that is how they try to prevent it.

3. Filling Windshield Water Tank 100%