Q: Car won't start

asked by on July 19, 2016

My car will not start after having previously being jumped a couple of days before. I figured the battery had died but the previous owner told me the battery is only 6 months old. I looked at the engine and I saw that the terminals are kind of rusted though and that the car needs new spark plugs. Are these reasons for why my car won't start?

The battery cables being rusted through is a problem and may be the cause of the no start. The spark plugs can cause a hard start and misfire if they are worn out.

I suggest fixing the cables and checking all the fuses to make sure they did not get blown when jump starting the car. Have the spark plugs replaced if they are needed. If you need help diagnosing the no start then feel free to contact a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come and address the problem for you.