Q: The other day I had just parked and turned off my car then about 10 minutes later I went to start it and it shook and stalled

asked by on November 07, 2016

When I had parked my car the other day I sat there for about 10 minutes and tried to start it and it kept shaking and I probably drove about 20 feet before it stalled on me. Everytime I would start it after that it would come on and then stall within a second or two

Every engine needs three things to start and run. Spark, air, and fuel. Unless the air intake is restricted, air is almost always present. If spark and/or fuel are missing, the vehicle will not run. Lack of spark can be caused by: a failed relay, a bad ignition coil or module, no signal from the crankshaft sensor to the engine control unit, or lack of signal from the engine control unit. Lack of fuel can be caused by: a failed fuel pump, failed fuel pump relay, failed fuel pressure regulator, lack of signal from the crankshaft sensor, to the engine control unit, or lack of signal from the electronic control module. To avoid any unnecessary repairs have a certified technician,such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your car stalling condition to locate the correct cause.