Q: My car will hiccup while driving, it only does this for the first 5-10 min of driving. also struggles when first started.

When i start my car it will struggle to stay on and the rpms will get low and it will rev really high to stay on. it usually dies tho, and while driving the car for the first 5-10 mins it will hiccup as if the engine died for a split second. the car only does this until it warms up a bit and drives pretty smooth after that.

If you are referring to the first few minutes of driving when the engine is cold, the engine coolant temperature sensor must be working properly to signal the PCM to enrich the mixture on cold start. If there is a fault with that sensor, you can experience rough idle idle as you are describing. Other possibilities are uneven cylinder compression, a vacuum leak, an air induction fault like a stuck idle air control valve or a faulty throttle position sensor, problems with the mass air flow sensor, defective spark plugs, a weak coil and defective oxygen sensor(s). If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a rough idle diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My car will hiccup while driving, it only does this for the first 5-10 min of driving. also struggles when first started.