Q: Engine overheating - 2009 Buick Lucerne

I have a 2009 buick lucerne super with northstar V8 4.6 engine thats starting to overheat.. i believe it is the thermostat .what parts needs to be removed in order to reach the thermostat...

Hello. The thermostat is located inside the housing opposite the engine water pump. The radiator hose and housing must be removed to gain access and new coolant should be added when the work is done. I recommend having an expert inspect the problem before replacing any parts. A certified technician from YourMechanic can diagnose the overheating issue and make the appropriate repairs to have this fixed.

3. Engine overheating - 2009 Buick Lucerne