Q: Will the car still run if the serpentine belt breaks

The car runs , when you start it, it takes a minute for it to actually catch and start. It squeals while running.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle may partially function when the belt breaks. but it will typically stall out within a matter of time. The alternator which is charged by the belt power all of the electrical components when the vehicle is running. Once the battery dies, the vehicle will not run. The belt can be replaced relatively easily, but you should also look into the tensioner to make sure it has not failed to keep the belt on tight. The drive belt is very important to keeping the vehicle running, and having it replaced should be a priority. For more help replacing the drive belt, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Will the car still run if the serpentine belt breaks