Q: No power under full throttle

asked by on July 01, 2017

When I full throttle my truck has no power in the low mph 0-55 , when I'm going around 60 ish and I punch it , the truck wakes up and puts the power it has , transmission is fine no leaks , I have new exhaust and new Headers with cat , and the truck runs fine , I just don't get the power I used to anymore.

Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The cause of loss of power is identified in YourMechanic’s engine loss of power diagnostic. To give you an initial idea of the possible causes that would be considered, a partial list would include oxygen sensors, fuel pump and/or filter, vacuum leaks, ignition system malfunctions, bad valve timing if the timing belt or chain is worn or skipped, blocked exhaust (e.g., catalytic converter fails or become clogged), mass airflow sensor, throttle position sensor, and so forth. Whatever the cause, if you request the engine loss of power diagnostic, the certified mechanic will get this resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr