Q: Anti theft system comes on car won't start

Car anti theft system comes on car won't start nothing comes on key still in car

A: Your car's anti-theft system is equippe...

Your car's anti-theft system is equipped with sensors in the car that detect when the doors open and shut and when the alarm is set. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty resulting in the incorrect signals being relayed to the anti-theft system. This can also happen when the car's anti-theft system does not recognize when the key is in the car rendering it unable to start as you have experienced. If you need assistance, a certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to help you with your issues starting your vehicle.