Q: Advancetrac light is on no power steering not working

asked by on February 11, 2017

No power steering advance trac light is on

Brakes, Steering and Suspension Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle may be having issues with the electric power steering module and system. Luckily there is a check engine light on, which means there is an engine diagnostic code that has been set. This code will help direct us towards the unit that is failing the system’s tests, narrowing down the components possibly to blame. Without pulling the codes from the computer, you will want to check the power supply to the power steering module. If there is, then the module should be working, and it may have failed. You can try to replace it, and continue to work your way through the system. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.