Q: Stereo turns off and lights flicker when I turn up the volume on the stereo.

Everytime I try to put the volume up on my stereo it turns off. Sometimes it turns off on its own without reason. When I try to put the volume up the speakers sound staticky even though the volume is pretty low. And my lights flicker inside and out as well.

Hi there. If you have a factory radio, then the volume knob switch is shorting out with the radio controls causing the radio to shut off and flicker the lights. If you have an aftermarket radio, then there could be an issue with the face plate causing the radio to shut off and flicker the lights. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you troubleshoot your radio before deciding to replace it.

• Stereo turns off and lights flicker when I turn up the volume on the stereo.