Q: Driver side window started making a loud grinding sound when rolled down! Wondering what it could be? Motor? Switch?

Window on the driver side is making a loud grinding noise when i press the switch to roll it down. It goes up and down still, but im aorried it will stay down soon. Could it be dirt or the window rubber is off track. Or is it the motor regulator and/or switch?

Hello there. It is possible that your window has become loose and is not entirely on the ’track’ that raises and lowers the window. This is typically what causes the grinding noise. It’s also possible the window motor is damaged and making the noise. In order to correctly diagnose this problem, it would be necessary to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a power window inspection.

3. Driver side window started making a loud grinding sound when rolled down! Wondering what it could be? Motor? Switch?