Q: i am getting fault code P001477. How far/long can i drive without causing any damage to the engine.

asked by on December 19, 2017

I recently changed both camshaft adjusters and tensioner. It seems the timing is out as i am getting fault code P001477. The engine check light is on. How long or how far can i drive the car without causing any damages to the engine, such as bending the valves?

Unfortunately, there is no way to determine specifically how long mechanical failures like this may last before failing entirely. As you know, code P001477 is related to the camshaft adjuster solenoid. When this is not functioning properly, this will cause problems with camshaft timing resulting in problems with the vehicle running properly and may cause further damage to the timing components. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr