Q: Can cam sensor be damaged by water or removing intake and injectors?

asked by on April 18, 2017

I went through some flood water awhile back and had my vehicle repaired. I had no issues with my car before this. The shop had my intake and injectors off 2 separate times could the water damage or then digging into my engine cause my intake camshaft position to fail. As I said NO mechanical issues before this at all.

Hi There, Unfortunately, the flooding or water damage may cause the camshaft position sensor to fail or potentially cause starting or misfiring issues. The camshaft position sensor may have also been damaged or not hooked up properly if it was removed during the course of removing the intake. Unfortunately, since the vehicle has been through a flood, it would be difficult to determine what may have caused the damage to the camshaft position sensor. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to properly diagnose and repair.