Q: Van shuts off - 1992 Dodge B350

My van has been shutting off after only couple of minutes from startup. At that point, the dash isn't showing the check engine light on. Upon turning over, the oil pressure light turns on and the oil pressure keeps building up. I usually wait a while before I attempt to restart the van. It start back up right up but soon shuts off again. I had the fuel pump replaced. I also changed the cap, the coil and rotor. The remote starter is removed. I also had the computer replaced with a used one. This hasn't helped either. How can this be fixed?

A common failure item that may show similar symptoms to your vehicle is the idle air control valve. The vehicle may start, but will generally stall soon or immediately. The idle air control valve meters airflow through the throttle assembly and is computer controlled to maintain engine idle speed when the user’s foot is off of the accelerator. To have this addressed, I recommend that you have a certified professional from YourMechanic diagnose the stalling problem in person so that it is corrected properly.