Q: my 2012 ford fusion today the wrench sysbol came on saying throttle control/transmission fault detected why?

asked by on February 27, 2017

what happens when the wrench symbol shows up in the information areas? I have a 2012 ford fusion sel with 65500 miles on it. Do I need to have it checked out? While driving it today the power just stopped and I had to coast over to the right side. This was very scary having no power when I accelerated. Please reply God Bless Mr. Donald

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello Mr. Donald, thank you for writing in. The wrench is another form of a check engine light. When the computer detects there is something wrong (as it is constantly running tests) it will set a "diagnostic troubleshooting code" that is designed to help you figure out what is wrong faster. The codes can be "pulled" or "read" by a scan tool by a technician, or at most local automotive parts stores (and usually for free). Use the codes to help you determine what needs to be maintained or replaced. While there are so many variables that will cause this warning light, pulling the codes should clarify where to direct your attention. For more help scanning the computer or resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr