Q: 2014 q50 61k miles and a "Maintenance-other" message is showing. What is this?

asked by on February 18, 2017

why am i getting this message?? i just got my oil change

Reset Indicator Lights $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

This message is the reminder message for you to change the engine oil and filter. You will have to reset the engine oil reminder message. To do this, perform the following steps:

STEPS:

• Turn the ignition key to the “ON” position without starting the engine
  • Push on the ’SQUARE’ button on the Instrument cluster until you see the Service Menu
  • Scroll down to “Maintenance” by the directional button and press the ’SQUARE’ button
  • Select “Engine Oil” and press the ’SQUARE’ button
  • Highlight Settings to change the oil change interval
  • Use the Directional button to increase the interval and then press the ’SQUARE’ button
  • Select “Reset” and press ’SQUARE’ button
  • press the Directional button to select ’RESET’ and confirm it by pressing the ’SQUARE’ button

This will reset your engine oil life reminder on your car. For more information, seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.