2007 Hyundai Azera Limited 3.8L V6 - crank but no start v...

Q: 2007 Hyundai Azera Limited 3.8L V6 - crank but no start

My Azera often gives me crank but no start problem, but then it starts after some time, if I let it sit for 5 mins or so. Earlier it use to be once in a month problem, then it got once in a week, and now its happening more frequently. I am suspecting that the fuel pump is gradually dying. However, I do wan't to diagnose the exact problem, rather than just blindly changing the part. Question is, how do I diagonose fuel pressure / pump/ regulator or filter issue with this car, when I am unable to locate any schrader valve in the fuel lines ? If there is diagonising guide I can follow for this car model ?

The Factory Service Manual contains the complete diagnostic decision tree, and all documentation, for the issue you are describing. There should be a pressure test port; if not, a tee fitting can be installed to check pressure. There is also a possibility of fuel pump pressure being read directly off of an advanced scan tool. If you buy the Factory Service Manual (it is generally available) you can perform all the required tests on your own. However, if you desire that a certified mechanic walk you through the process, and perform the required diagnostics, just request a hard starting diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. Sometimes the issue you are describing is caused by a failed temperature sensor which sensor provides an essential input to the ECM on cold starts. Cold starts require longer injector pulse time to get the car running. In any event, if applicable, testing of the sensor would be in the diagnostic decision tree I referred to. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.