Q: Airbag light appears on dashboard

asked by on October 20, 2016

Ok...so I took my car to the shop to get my water pump replaced, that went well. However, while driving home I notice that my SRS light is on in the dashboard. Can a water pump replacement trigger this light or what could possibly be the reason for this to happen? Help!!! Help!!! Help!!!

If the battery was disconnected by the shop replacing the water pump, the battery disconnect/reconnect would set the SRS light. I would call the shop and ask them about it ask them to check the light and reset the code if the battery was disconnected. There are also 2 recalls from Infinity relating to the passenger seat seat belt/occupant switch that could cause the SRS light to come on (Recall # 10V175000 & 08V521000). You can check with Nissan if you are uncertain whether this applies to your G35, and if it has been updated. If the SRS light is still unresolved, your Nissan dealer can reset this for you.