Q: Is the cam sensor replacement the camshaft sensor?

I have had some some work done on my car and the mechanic (Charles) said I may need a cam sensor replacement if the check engine light cam on again. I was just wanted to know if that is the same as the camshaft sensor?

It may be due to the camshaft sensor but would not know unless another test is done to get the failure codes like a P0340 or P0344. The light can come on for over 100 different codes and is only a warning to get it checked and does not tell why it came on unless the computer is scanned.

3. Is the cam sensor replacement the camshaft sensor?