Q: My lift gate wont open

The lift gate will not open. I press the FOB and I do not hear a sound. I have put the latch release button in the manual mode and I still cannot open the lift gate. The past month before this happened the latch would release but the lift gate would not open we had to pull it open manually. I purchased a new siscor motor that opens and closes the trunk and I installed it yesterday but it had no affect on the issue. I also checked two fuses under the hood (# 70 and # 44 I think) and they are good. How do I get the latch to release and then what is the next step to fix the issue?

You will need to have the body computer scanned using a Tech2 device or something similar that can access the body control module for a rear door diagnosis. The door can be actuated and tested by a technician to see what is not working. Once the issue has been pinpointed the necessary parts or adjustments can be made accordingly.

If you decide to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your location to diagnose the issue with your lift gate and make the necessary repairs.