Q: Hello, I got a code indicating bad oxygen sensor (bank 2, sensor 1). Where is that located on a 09 Hyundai Genesis sedan 4.6 v8?

Hello, I got a code indicating bad oxygen sensor (bank 2, sensor 1). Where is that located on a 09 Hyundai Genesis sedan 4.6 v8? Exactly what sensor do I buy to replace?

For your model, bank 2 of the engine consists of the 4 cylinders in a row on the driver’s side of the vehicle. Sensor 1 is the sensor mounted on the manifold ahead of the catalytic converter. Generally, oxygen sensors are directly tested using a real time scan tool to confirm their condition. The diagnostic trouble code you are referring to does not provide a direct indication at all of the specific condition of the sensor simply because a multitude of faults can cause the identical code. To illustrate, if you presently have a functioning sensor, but merely disconnect the vehicle wire to the sensor, you will get the identical trouble code even though there is nothing actually wrong with the sensor itself. Technically, and literally, all the trouble code reveals is there a problem in the circuit but the circuit is much greater in extent than just the sensor. If you desire confirmation, that is a diagnostic, and replacement of the sensor if required, please use YourMechanic’s oxygen sensor diagnostic/replacement service page. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Hello, I got a code indicating bad oxygen sensor (bank 2, sensor 1). Where is that located on a 09 Hyundai Genesis sedan 4.6 v8?