Q: Shuddering and check engine lights blink so

When I accelerate fast the check engine light flashes, and I lose some power and car shakes/studders. I already changed spark plugs and egr valve. Could this be my maps sensor??

A: This may be a sign of a dirty or failing ma...

This may be a sign of a dirty or failing mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor is a unit in the intake system that monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this fails, this can cause an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which results in an over fueling or under fueling situation depending on the conditions. This may cause a hesitation, loss of power or jerking reaction when this sensor is malfunctioning. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your mass air flow sensor.