Q: drone sound only when turning the wheel to change lane or exit ramp (on any/all road surfaces)

My 2005 Lexus steering wheel was shaking when going 38-65+ mph and a slight drone sound only when turning the wheel to change lanes or on exit ramp. Mechanic said it was the front wheel bearings. Had them replaced. The strong vibration was gone but drone sound was louder. The sound occurs on any roadway at 38-65+, not just on one stretch of particular highway. Was told it was from cupped tires. Had Premier Michelins put on. The drone sound is still there and getting louder and louder the past month when changing lanes or exiting ramp - not when making a slow right/left turn at an intersection. Sometimes now the drone/hum sound fills the whole car loudly on a long turn and is definitely not normal sound. Any hints on what could be causing this? Maybe the wheel bearing job was not done properly? is that possible? If they possibly used aftermarket parts rather than OEM might that have this effect? Any advice on what to check is appreciated. I cannot live with this sound.

Hi there. It sounds like there could be a rear wheel bearing causing the drone. Has anyone checked the rear wheel bearings? They may have gone overlooked due to the front wheel bearings; it does happen. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a noise inspection.

• drone sound only when turning the wheel to change lane or exit ramp (on any/all road surfaces)