Q: Could I use Mobil 1 5W-30 Extended Performance Oil & Mobil1 M1-108 Oil Filter on 2015 NISSAN ROUGE?

Hi everyone.

I recently bought a 2015 Nissan Rogue. As my first new car.

I was wondering If i use Mobil 1 5W-30 Extended Performance Full Synthetic Motor Oil & (Mobil1) M1-108 Extended Performance Oil Filter on it?

For longer engine life and better performance??

Please share you views and advise me.

Thanks so much!!

A: I checked the oil specifications for your e...

I checked the oil specifications for your engine and it calls for 0w20 oil and 5w30 as an alternate. As far as the oil filter, I do not have the Mobile 1 application chart, but you should be fine if it was meant for your application. If you are using the 5w30 versus the 0w20 you may notice a slight drop in fuel mileage. The thinner oil is meant to lube the smaller areas that the thicker oil cannot get to and also may be better for fuel mileage. If it was me, I would run the 0w20 full synthetic. I have a vehicle with over 240,000 miles on it now, and running the 0w20 full synthetic and has never let me down.