Q: Transmission leak

asked by on February 13, 2016

The transmission leaks. And the car will not move; it just rolls and jumps into gear. It also needs the oil drained from the engine.

Hi. Automatic transmissions operate using hydraulic pressure. Without the proper fluid level, the transmission can’t build pressure and won’t operate properly. Locating and fixing the transmission leak may solve your problem. Have a technician inspect the transmission leak and repair it ASAP. As for the engine oil concern, I’m guessing somehow too much oil got added to the crankcase. A professional can drain and refill your oil to the correct level. I suggest you contact the experts at YourMechanic to address both the concerns.