Does the engine have to be removed to replace the oil pan...

Q: Does the engine have to be removed to replace the oil pan on my 2002 Chrysler PT Cruise?

asked by on July 13, 2017

Oil pan leaks

No, the engine does not have to be removed to replace the oil pan gasket on your vehicle. However, two of the engine mounts need to be removed to get the pan off, so it’s a good idea to support the engine. I recommend having a professional tackle this job for you. YourMechanic is an excellent option since we offer oil pan gasket replacement at your home or office.