Q: Car is shaking violently

Hello, I have had a long term problem with oil getting in my spark plugs, I think it may be a crack in the head gasket perhaps. I also have bad trouble with my fuel pump as well as my ac belt. The check engine light will not stop flashing, and as I was driving the other day it was having major problems accelerating, I had to press the gas pedal all the way to the floor and the car rpms where jumping up and down, causing the vehicle to jerk forwards and backwards violently. I have also had trouble putting gas in it, everytime I do the car will not start unless if I hold down on the gas and wait for it to idle. Thank you very much for your time.

A: Since you have listed a number of issues, t...

Since you have listed a number of issues, there is no certain way to provide you with a definitive answer. It's highly unlikely that all your issues are rooted in one part or system. If the plugs are covered in oil, oil may be getting past the valve stem seals, past the piston rings, or the head gasket. Hard starting after fueling the car only can be caused by a build up of sediment in the fuel tank that gets stirred up when filling. Your most sensible option rather than just replacing parts in hopes of replacing the correct ones, is to maybe take it to a local repair shop and get them to agree to a diagnostic fee to check all your issues with the vehicle. This can save you a lot of money versus replacing parts without confirming they are actually the cause of your issues. Oil coating the spark plugs is going to involve internal engine repair and/or a rebuild. Another option available to you if you do not want to drive your vehicle is top have a certified technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to diagnose this Check Engine Light issue.