Q: Transmission overheating

I did not pass the emissions test and it is telling me the transmission in overheating.

Hi. The transmission temperature message pops up on your control panel when the powertrain control module (PCM) has detected excessive transmission fluid temperature. This is a warning to the driver as extreme temperatures can damage the transmission. Transmission temperatures can climb when the vehicle is being worked hard (such as towing) or when there is a problem with the transmission or its cooling system. Your vehicle will automatically fail emissions if the Check Engine Light is on. There is a trouble code related to transmission temperature: P0218 transmission over temperature. However, I don’t see that your vehicle supports this code. That leads me to believe that your warning light and failed emissions are two separate issues. A trained mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can diagnose the Check Engine Light to make sure exactly what the problem is.

3. Q: Transmission overheating