Q: When I press the gas pedal the engine revs but the car doesn't accelerate. Is this a throttle or transmission issue?

Car started hesitating with acceleration at times nothing routine. Then yesterday car started making a noise and the gas pedal no longer accelerated. If I turned off and on it would go slowly and stop again. It starts fine. When put in drive and press on pedal the engine will rev but doesn't always go. Or go very slowly with rpms going high.

A: Hi there. From what you are saying it sound...

Hi there. From what you are saying it sounds like there is a failure in the throttle body. When the motor in the throttle body fails, the throttle plate will open and close causing the noise you are hearing. I usually monitor the movement of the throttle to see if this is what is occurring. I then scan the computer for codes to see what comes up. If there are not any codes then the sensors in the throttle body should be monitored to see what is going wrong. If you want to have this lack of throttle response checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair your throttle body issue.