Q: Clicking sound while driving after having transmission rebuilt twice on a 2004 Chevy Trail Blazer

2004 Chevy Trail Blazer. While driving, I hear a clicking sound. I've just had my transmission rebuilt twice by the same shop. I'm not sure if the rear end bearings are messed up or the transmission is making a clicking sound.

Unfortunately for you, you’ve had your transmission rebuilt twice at the same shop. So, obviously, they didn’t do a good job the first time and I’d be kind of leery about it the second time.

If I were you, I would get another mechanic to inspect the clicking sound for you. All mechanics have good equipment. Personally, I use one of these sound devices. I’ve got one that has little wireless transmitters clipping different parts of the car and in this case, I clip them to the transmission. I wear the set of headphones and the receiver picks up the noise when I am driving down the road, I can turn it up and put two or three of these transmitters around. I can hear where the noise is coming from. Any good mechanic has equipment like that and they can say if the transmission is making the noise.

If that’s the case, I would probably go back to whoever rebuilt it and I would ask for my money back. I would go somewhere else to fix it correctly. You can get so many chances to do it again, but they don’t fix it right the second time, that’s too bad. They can give you your money back and go someplace else.

• Clicking sound while driving after having transmission rebuilt twice on a 2004 Chevy Trail Blazer