Q: No start and no crank.

asked by on February 20, 2017

Hard time starting car passed few months. Would have to sit and keep turning the key then would randomly start. Then one day just never started again. Switched ignition cyl had a lock smith program key. Has started a few times not even long enough to give gas or shift into gear... so turned to starter. Found out that the starter was bad. I switched starter today and no start at all. I have a brand new battery also in the car. All fuses are good too!

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the wiring from the starter to the ignition switch. There is a loose wire or a break in the wiring that connects the starter solenoid to the starter relay. Make sure that all of the wires on the starter are tight and clean. If the wiring is good, then the ignition switch may have a fault on it and would need replaced. If you need further assistance with your car not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.