Q: I have a 2011 Ford Fusion that has a tap/knock while idling. Normal for this motor?

I just bought a 2011 Ford Fusion from Carmax and noticed engine has a tap/ knock while idling. It's not loud, but noticeable. Has 2.5l 4 cylinder motor. I had a 2011 Ford Escape that had similar noise. I heard this motor is usually louder. Is this sound normal on this year ford with this motor?

Hi there. Typically this is normal for this engine. The design of the valve train causes this engine to make more noise than a lot of engines, but it does not create any issues. The fuel injectors tend to also make some noise. If you are concerned about the noise then you may want to have it checked out just to be sure. If you want to have this engine noise looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose whether the engine noise is normal or not.

3. I have a 2011 Ford Fusion that has a tap/knock while idling. Normal for this motor?