Q: No power. Transmission shifts down and engine revs up but doesn't go anywhere

While driving up hill the truck will lunge forward sometimes. Then go right back to normal. Also the service engine light comes on and I pulled the code and it says knock sensor error. So I changed the knock sensor. But I'm still having the problem. When the SEL comes on the truck will shift down and the engine revs up but the truck doesn't pull. It just barely feels like it has any power. At this point I just don't know what to do

Hi there. In some cases, what you’re describing is caused by a restriction of fluid inside the hydraulic lines of the transmission, an inner seal that is damaged or the torque converter wearing out. This issue can sometimes be resolved by simply flushing the transmission fluid and changing the filter; while other internal transmission repairs are needed. The best advice I can offer is to start by flushing your transmission fluid and change the filter. If this resolves your issue; great. If not, feel free to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a car is hard to shift inspection.

3. No power. Transmission shifts down and engine revs up but doesn't go anywhere