Q: Can't read OBD code with my scanner.

The Service Engine Soon light came on a couple of days ago. I have a GoPoint ODB reader that works off of an IPhone. The reader displays a "Cannot Connect to Device" while trying to read the code on the Lincoln. I used the reader on my f150 and Ford Edge and it works fine.

A: These aftermarket type scanners may not acc...

These aftermarket type scanners may not access every vehicle out there. When you get a cannot communicate issue this is most likely the OBD adapter and the vehicle may be incompatible or the vehicle has problems. You would need to first verify that the Lincoln Check Engine Light comes on when you turn on the key and then goes off or stays on when you start the vehicle. If you can start and run the vehicle then you most likely just have an incompatible OBD code reader. If you have a problem with your vehicle then have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to come and scan the computer for you to see if there is problems with the vehicle or if the scanner is not working on your car. We’ll help you sort out the necessary repair if you need the help as well. Best of luck!